double book.

doublebook-1doublebook-2beforeafter-saikhim-2
i saw a couple of tweets from peeps in the US saying "happy mothers' day" and i kind of freaked out. like erm...isn't mother's day in May? i double checked with google, and wikipedia said it was in May so phew...haha, not sure what's going on in the US though. but anyway, remember how i shared there'll be a special booking voucher for nicolethen studio. that will be announced in March? YES!! I made it :) haha with a couple of days left to march.

moving into the new studio while still handling all the assignments and day-to-day work of running a photography company was pretty daunting but exciting too! and i have yet to explain why i've moved into a studio environment. well, to me, my business is a discussion between you girls and myself. and i must say i have such wonderful people who truly understand and respect why i charge what i charge and yet are honest about how they feel about the pricing.

my work has always been known as on-location shoots in scenic places that i have sourced but i found that it requires a good 2-3 hours of preparation before the shoot to reccee, spot & plan locations, check the lighting, traveling to those places and then if i want to bring props to the shoot (which i love to do so), i need to book a cab and also get an assistant to help me take care of our things that are left in a public space while we walk off a few meters to shoot. so by moving in-studio, it saves a TON of time and traveling/assistant fees and thus allowing me to provide a service at a price point that works for all of us!

i know i said that shooting in a studio set up is not my ideal location and when i say that, i'm referring to the white backdrop and flash lights. but now, when i invite you to an in-studio session with me, think of it as i'm inviting you to my crib! i shot a maternity shoot with wendy the other day and she commented how i made the little studio room look so much more spacious in photographs. so yup, let's make this a new term and definition! when you think nicole's studio, don't think of white backdrops and stuff but think of this little white quaint room with cute furniture and natural lighting and a beautiful alley way to play around with ;)

this shoot i did with my mom was done in nicole's studio (haha ok, weird i'm referring to myself in the third person but i'm just referring to this room/space) and i just thought it was something really special to give my mom beautiful portraits of herself because she is beautiful and i just want her to remember that ;) after she had seen all the photographs and i had uploaded it on my ipad, she excitedly showed it to my dad who genuinely exclaimed that he had a taiwanese actress as a wife and it made my mom blush with delight. i couldn't have been happier <3

so i took the last shot, which is a before-after shot, just to show you how i coaxed and directed my mom into a shot that brought out her beauty. to me, photographing portraits of the ladies, is not just about a cool shot, but about removing anything that distracts you away from their beauty. when you look at her portrait, you must see her first and that she is beautiful!


mother's day is coming, so schedule in a session with you and your mom! it'll be a special gift, we'll do individual portraits but take some time to photograph the both of you together. if you're a mommy yourself, it's time for a pampering session - bring your own mom/ bring another mommy-friend (then get the hubby to take care of the kids) / etc. of course, other then just mommy-sessions, if you just want to come in and get beautiful portraits of yourself with your girlfriends, just double book me too!

[ double book me ]


book a session with nicolethen studio. for two. it's $200 per pax, so come in with your mom, sis or bestie. come and have a drink, we'll shoot for about an hour each then you girls can head off for a girls-day-out while i work on your images. book an appointment and come back to the studio for a viewing session to choose 4 images you get to keep (with digital copy) and if you want more, they're $50 per image additional. 


session slots available - weekday 1pm to 4pm or 10am to 1pm


drop me an email at info@nicolethen.com with the subject header [double book me] to qualify for this special, share with me your name/contact, who you're doing the shoot with and why! plus any queries or things you'd like to share with me :) i look forward to hearing from you girls!!


* student prices will be announced soon
# and thank you for reading to the end of this post!! haha

No comments: